Registered Charity No. 1126198
- There were 570,000 recorded incidents of domestic violence last year and 80% of victims were women.
(Sir Ian Blair, Deputy Commissioner. The Sun Newspaper 2004)
- The most likely time for police to receive calls relating to domestic violence incidents is between 10pm and 2am.
(Stanko - Cosmopolitan October 2002)
- In 9 out of 10 cases of domestic violence children are in the same, or adjacent room.
(The Guardian Newspaper December 2000)
- In the UK 2 women are murdered each week by their partner or ex partner.
(The British Crime Survey: England and Wales. London Home Office 2000)
- Domestic violence is a common experience in children's lives. Research based estimates suggest between 2 and 4 children in any class of 30 will currently be living in homes where domestic violence occurs.
(See, Hear, Speak Out - Sheffield DV Forum 2001)
- 1 in 4 women will suffer domestic violence at some point in their life.
(DV - A Health Care Issue London BMA 1998)
- The national incidence of violent crime is 11.35 per 1000 population and the level in Thanet is 24% above national average.
(Community Safety Strategy. Thanet District Council 2002-2005)